- This event has passed.
AL Medicaid PI Program Year 2021 OPEN Date
July 1, 2021
Alabama Medicaid Promoting Interoperability Program
Updates for Program Year 2021
Alabama’s State Level Registry (SLR) will begin accepting application for the Final Program Year beginning on July 1, 2021. All Applications must be submitted by August 31, 2021 at 11:59 pm CST.
The link to the SLR is: https://alslr.thinkhts.com/.
Due to the December 31, 2021 statutory deadline for issuing PY 2021 incentive payments, there will not be an extension of the above enrollment period.
- A provider must attest to Stage 3 for Program Year 2021
- The Spec Sheets for Program Year 2021 can be located on the CMS website at:
MU/EHR Reporting Period and eCQMS for Program Year 2021
- For program year 2021 the EHR reporting period for Medicaid eligible professionals (EPs) is a minimum of any continuous 90-day reporting period within calendar (CY) 2021.
- EPs are required to report on a 90-day eCQM reporting period.
- The list of available eCQMs for EPs for 2021 can be found at https://ecqi.healthit.gov/eligible-professional-eligible-clinician-ecqms.
Certified EHR Technology (CEHRT)
- All participants in the Medicaid Promoting Interoperability Program are required to use 2015 Edition CEHRT.
- The EP must be using the 2015 Edition functionality for the full EHR reporting period.
Security Risk Analysis – Updated
- The Security Risk Analysis (SRA) can be conducted outside the EHR reporting period; however, the analysis must be unique for each reporting period and include the full EHR reporting period.
- The SRA must be conducted within the calendar year of attestation (2021).
- Note: Alabama Medicaid will allow providers to conduct and complete their PY 2021 SRA after the August 31, 2021 enrollment deadline date. Providers that elect to conduct and complete their PY 2021 SRA after the deadline date, must select the option in the SLR on the application page that they will complete their SRA after the attestation date and prior to December 31, 2021. Failure to select the applicable option will result in a recoupment of your PY 2021 incentive payment. SRAs completed after August 31, 2021 must be submitted to the State by December 31, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. CST. Your completed SRA can be uploaded to your PY 2021 attestation via the document upload link. The State will not extend the deadline for submission of the SRA.
Public Health and Clinical Data Registry Reporting
- Providers are required to have an ADPH letter for all Public Health registries attesting to.
- Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) is available ONLY to providers who used it in a prior program year. It is not available to EPs for PY2021.
- Exclusions letters are required for ALL measures that cannot be met.
For additional updates and the latest information, please refer to the agency’s Promoting Interoperability (PI) website at the following link:
For questions concerning Promoting Interoperability, please feel free to contact the following:
Promoting Interoperability Division
E-mail: [email protected]