If you are an eligible provider with 30% Medicaid patient volume, you could receive a Medicaid EHR Incentive check for $21,250 as soon as this year. Alabama Medicaid’s goal is to issue separate checks approximately 30 days after approved attestation which can begin April 1.
- April 1 Alabama Medicaid EHR Incentive Registration Opens
- First Year (as soon as 2011):
- $21,250 possible incentive amount per provider
- Medicaid Does Not Require ‘Meaningful Use’ First Year
- Incentive Checks expected approximately 30 Days after attesting
- Pediatricians may be eligible with 20% Medicaid patient volume for 2/3 incentive payment amount.
Unlike the Medicare EHR Incentive program, Medicaid does not require ‘Meaningful Use’ in the first year. Instead, Medicaid’s first-year-focus is on eligible providers to either: Adopt, Implement, or Upgrade certified technology. Medicaid has provided a one page document that defines this and other aspects of this program. Also, additional information is available at: http://onehealthrecord.alabama.gov/
Please feel free to contact us for assistance in determining initial Medicaid patient volumes or to explore adopting (acquire, purchase or secure access) certified MediSYS Electronic Health Record technology.
v.1.0[email protected] 205-631-5969 334-277-6201