Helping you put the MIPS pieces together each week!
Did you know about the NEW NPI Lookup tool on the QPP website to determine if your are eligible to participate in MIPS?
To determine on-line if a provider is eligible for MIPS in 2017:
- Visit the QPP website at https://qpp.cms.gov/
- Click the green CHECK NOW button on the main page
- Enter the Provider’s NPI and click the green Check Now button
MediSYS recommends ALL Medicare providers check now to determine eligibility because if a provider is MIPS eligible and does not meet the minimum requirements in 2017, it will result in a 4% Medicare Part B fee schedule reduction in 2019. Plus, the reduction percentage will increase each year. Avoiding the penalty by reporting the 2017 minimum requirements is easy to accomplish with minimal effort and doesn’t require a certified EHR.
REMINDER: If a Medicaid provider is attesting to Medicaid Meaningful Use in 2017 BUT they are also an eligible clinician for MIPS, then the provider must participate in BOTH in 2017:
- Attest to Medicaid Meaningful Use at state level
- Attest to ACI measures of MIPS at CMS level